Heard it before

29 07 2013

At the New York Times:

With hundreds of people gravely wounded, the toll seemed certain to rise, and by Saturday evening had already surpassed the more than 60 deaths on July 8, when soldiers and police officers fired on pro-Morsi demonstrators….

In a televised news conference hours after the clash, Interior Minister Mohamed Ibrahim absolved his men of any responsibility and made no mention of the high death toll. His officers, he said, “have never and will never shoot a bullet on any Egyptian.”

From the Thai Army:

The military insists that its troops and snipers “did not use live bullets the morning Italian journalist Fabio Polenghi was shot dead when the operation to disperse anti-government protesters began on May 19 last year.”

Current Army boss General Prayuth Chan-ocha:

“Who were responsible for these casualties?” … My subordinates did not kill anyone, but they were shot at…”.

Then Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva on April 2010:

In another report in the Bangkok Post, Abhisit is quoted as saying that “the government [n]ever used any force to clear protesters from the main rally venue at Ratchaprasong intersection…”.

And again, on May 2010:

Abhisit again makes these claims and denials: He said he did not order the army to shoot at people,…


Actions

Information




%d bloggers like this: